Tibet Permit

  • Tibet Permit

Currently, a Chinese Visa is not enough to visit Tibet. You will also need several Tibet Permits, including Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit(TTB Permit), Alien Travel Permit(PSB Permit) and Military Permit which are issued by three different Tibet authority bureaus.Among these three permits,the TTB Permit is the most important one that you need to buy a flight or train ticket and board flight or train to Tibet. Besides,the TTB is needed to apply the following two permits: Alien Travel Permit and Military Permit.

TTB (Tibet Entry Permit): It is issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau and is a must for foreign tourists entering Tibet. When you check in your flight to Tibet, you have to showcase your original TTB Permit. While if you take a train into Tibet, only a copy of your TTB Permit is needed. The TTB Permit is your key to Tibet, please contact us to apply it.

PSB (Alien's Travel Permit): It is required when you are planning to travel to the remote areas in Tibet, which you can obtain it after you arrive in Tibet. PSB Permit can be issed in the capital city of each prefectures in Tibet by local Public Secuiry Bureau.

Military Permit: you have to obtain if you are planning to travel to some sensitive areas, for example - Nagri.

How to get Tibet Permit

  • Work out a detailed itinerary in Tibet and book a tour from a China travel agency.
  • Pay for a tour guide for your every day tour(your travel agency will arrange for you).
  • Hire a vehicle(nomally a 4WD) for your transportation outside Lhasa(your travel agency will arrange for you).
  • Send a deposit to your travel agency through Paypal or bank transfer.
  • Send a scan of your passport information and China visa.
  • Arrange a detailed address in China(hotel, guesthouse or local agency) to receive your posted TTP permit.
Why permit needed for foreigners? Due to the special ethnic traditions, the cultural relics, the environmental protection and the transportation capacity of Tibet, when non-Chinese citizens, including Americans, British, Australians, Canadians, Indians, German, French, etc,travel in Tibet, both Chinese Visa and Tibet entry permit (also called Tibet visa or Lhasa visa) are required. We provide Tibet visa/permit information and application service. But we do not SELL permit. We only providetourist visa and Tibet travel permit for people who book tours from Tibet Discovery Tours. Want to get a permit, please fill in the following form.